March 13, 2013

FROM THE WEEKEND


http://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaws.com/c7fa701e89e611e29d4222000a9e0706_7.jpg



This weekend the kids went to grandma and grandpa's so that meant that Aaron and I got to be out an about not having to worry about bored/tired/rowdy little boys.

So for those that don't know, I was born in Canada but spent a good portion of my life (years 9 - 20) in New Jersey where my parents still live. Well Target JUST opened their first store in Ontario, 40 minutes from where I live! It's their pilot store so pretty soon there will be Targets just around the corner from me in only a matter of weeks. On Saturday Aaron and I drove to Milton, Ontario and visited. I would have taken pictures if I were so annoyed by the crowd and lack of merchandise thanks to it being the first satruday since it has opened. You can only imagine the chaos! The line to the checkout was...I am not lying...9 ISLES long! They had to curve the line down into the main isle and it stretch all the way downto number 9!

After Target we went somewhere a little calmer...ikea..and compared to Target, it was calm! Thing was that the Smith family was in desperate need of a new television stand and a coffee table. For both we went with the Hemnes line. We got the larger Hemnes TV Bench with the three drawers in Gray-Brown. I love them! We also got a few decor items from Home Sense to brighten up our the once very brown living room. New red pillows and a yellow picture frame.

We ate dinner, wonderfully delicious Chicken and Waffles from Harlems which is a soul food restaurant downtown. 

We spent the rest of Sunday relaxing until the boys got home. It's nice to be able to do this every once in a while, its also nice to see their little faces when the come back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment