August 27, 2012

WEEKEND REVIEW


This weekend I spent my time doing something that a mother with hardly any time does...



Absolutely nothing.

On Friday the boys got their haircut...finally
 




I spent Saturday relaxing with my kids at home. I took them for a walk to the convenient store.

 
They both got ridiculous lollipops but I bought them anyway... you know the kind that squirts gel onto the lollipop and they drink the gel off? Gross, I know.

We baked a mini cake and some cupcakes. Out of the box is good enough for me!

*Yes, I realized that the bowl was way to small! Had to transfer it when cake mix got everywhere lol
 
 
 

On Sunday Aaron did some grocery shopping. I was so grateful that he did it without me so that I can spend the morning continuing to relax with my boys.

Aaron had to work today which sucked because I like to spend my weekends with my whole family. Conveniently he will be home right as Lucas goes to bed so Aaron, Joshua and I get to spend some quality time together. Lately it seems that I've been living for the weekend.  Don't get me wrong I love my job it's just that every time Monday comes around I start an internal countdown to the Friday. I suppose this is something that all working parents face, deciding whether or not it's worth it to be away from your family especially if you are working not because you have to but because you want to. When is the biggest reasons why I continue to work is because I want to teach my children to have passion for something. I see so many stay at home parents who have such passion for what they do that it's truly remarkable. I was never good at being a stay-at-home mom the dishes were never done, the cleaning took place 30 minutes before my husband came home and admittedly I fed them way too much junk and let them watch way too much TV. Oddly enough I do a much better job at parenting when I'm working during the week. I don't know why that is but I feel more organized and I don't feed my kids junk and they don't watch as much TV. Maybe I just work better under pressure.
 
So that was my weekend just the way I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment