January 20, 2013

A NEW YEAR: A NEW BODY



"This is the last summer I will spend this way," I say every summer as I disparagingly catch a glance at myself in a full length mirror, usually under terrible mall florescent lighting.

I have been saying this for the past 5 years now.

As I was in our laundry/storage room this afternoon looking to knock the dust of some workout gear I found a picture of my 20 year old self. She had the brightest smile, the nicest skin, and a sizzling body. I miss her.

I am by no means fat but I am definitely not where I want to be. 

I hate being self conscious.

I miss being able to walk into a store and pick anything off the rack and not worrying about how my belly will look in them.

I am tired of having to suck in my gut.

I hate wearing spanx.

Another part of my New Years resolution is to lose 20 pounds. I will be doing this with a combonation of "diet" and exercise. I use quotations because I don't personally believe in denying myself a certain type of food, but I do believe in amping up the fruits and veggies so that I can have a treat here or there in moderation. I will be sticking to 1500 calories a day and working out 6 days a week.

Starting Weight: 150
Goal Weight: 130
Time Left: 15 Weeks

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Mom’s Monday Mingle.

    I love how you talk about your "young self" in third person! And I know exactly what you mean, and I "miss" my old self, too! Thanks for the motivation.

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. I added myself as a follower. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very realistic goals. Good luck. I actually LOVE my spanx because I know everything is held in place! Hah!

    ReplyDelete