January 27, 2013

A NEW BODY II

 *picture from today that has nothing to do with this post!*

Current weight: 148
Last week: 150
Starting weight: 150  
Goal: 130
Time Left: 14 Weeks

Yay for 2lbs down!

Losing weight is not easy, neither is staying off the scale but like anything thing else is life it must be done. When you read this please remember that everyone is different. What might work for me, may not work for you. I am simply sharing my story and hopefully someone gets something out of it!

Just to review my post from last week, my plan is and has been to stick to 1500 calories a day, mean I can eat whatever I want, nothing is off the table, just as long as I don't go over that magic number. Sticking to this really hasn't been that hard as there are so much things that I can eat during that day while keeping to my goal. The hard part was not stuffing my face just because. You know those moments when you watch an episode of your favorite cooking show and you just go "oooooh! I want that!" Those moments are terrible for someone trying to lose weight! What do I do to counteract this? I give in to my cravings! If I want chocolate, I'll have a damn chocolate but being that I know this about myself I make sure to reserve calories during that day so that I can give into my sweet tooth.

I got a jump rope from the dollar store and every night I would skip for 10 minutes to fast paced song compliments of YouTube! TEN minutes people! There is no way you don't have time for 10 minutes. The reason why I chose this route is because I wanted to do something that didn't require me spending much money, I didn't want to have to leave my house, and those cheesy work out videos really get irritating. In addition to jump rope, I also signed up for my companies Dodgeball team that plays every Wednesday nights. I also signed up for Basketball Boot camp that meets every Thursdays. Since they activities are organized by my company they are both free of charge.

My plans for this week is to up my work out a little. YouTube as a whole slew of work-out videos and as much as I don't like them I kind of have to suck it up and do it. BeFit is a channel that has a lot of 10 minute videos including some Jillian Michaels so I will add some more cardio at the end of my 10 minutes of jump rope!

There is so much that I could write about my week and what I feel and what I have learned but I will save that for another time. Please, if anyone has any tips let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Good! Progress! Vision from the naptimereview

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I'm trying to lose weight too. It's so hard to exercise in the winter time :0) I’m a new follower of your blog from the Monday Mingle Blog Hop! Would love if you could stop by mine. Thanks :0)

    The Three Whiskateers
    http://thethreewhiskateers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete