October 26, 2013

HOME INSPIRATION: DINING


What can you tell about a person after touring their home? If done properly you should be able to tell a lot about them. Are they nostalgic? Logical? Are they forward thinkers? Sentimental? Your home should reflect the family living in it, and while the photo's above are not of MY home, they are what inspire me. I love a country rustic home, the only chevron I wish to display will be in the form of a typical afgan knitted blanket. Don't get me wrong, I do love a trendy pattern but it's usually sprinkled here or there and not over killed.

I am dying for a cozy place like this to dine. I don't think I will ever be the dinner party hosting gal, though i love to fantasize about it, so something like a breakfast nook would be a lot more practical for me. I love the pops of red and the dark wood complimenting the white booths. I love the casual buffet table with the wine slots beneath and room on the top for dinner essentials.

What inspires you for your home?

*Buffet table from Pottery Barn

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted a cozy kitchen and breakfast nook! This is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with that cozy breakfast nook. I was actually just thinking the other day of a way for me to possibly work a "nook" into our kitchen. I have the same taste as you, but my house doesn't really reflect it right now. I'm going to start changing that because I definitely think your home decor should reflect YOU and not some catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been living with my husband for nearly 8 years and because we were so young we just took in everyones old furniture, our place used to look like a mish-mash of different styles and tastes. I can be a penny pincher so it has taken me a long time to get rid of "good" furniture just because it didnt match me.

      Delete